Have you ever travelled to Uttarakhand and tried some mouth-watering traditional cuisine of Uttarakhand? The recipes of the cuisine of Uttarakhand is simple yet delicious and nutritious for the harsh weather in the hilly regions of the Uttarakhand. In this blog, I am going to give you a recipe of traditional and savouring dessert of the Uttarakhand- Jhangora ki kheer.
Jhangora or Barnyard millet is one of the oldest food known to mankind in Uttarakhand. It grows in the high altitudes of Uttarakhand. Jhangora is a nutritional powerhouse with high levels of protein, calcium, iron, minerals and vitamin B complex and also low in carbohydrates and gluten-free.
Jhangora ki kheer is a simple and delicious recipe like rice kheer. So, before starting let’s have a look at the ingredients.
INGREDIENTS (Serves four)
2 Cups of Jhangora or Barnyard millet
1 and a half cup of Milk
HOW TO MAKE:
- First prepare mise, means to make sure that all the ingredients are available and ready.
- Take 2 cups of Jhangora and wash it properly.
- Placed it in the pressure cooker with water of twice a level and left for cooking till 2 whistles (Full flame till 1st whistle and low flame till 2nd whistle)
- Then, pour Milk, Dry fruits and Cardamom for flavour.
- Add sugar as per your taste and left it for well cooking till 10-15 min to absorb all the flavour and aroma.
- Now your Jhangora ki kheer is ready to serve the dining table as the appetite dessert for your dinner.